Sunday, August 24, 2008

Staying organized is a problem for me!

Yes, that's right. It's practically IMPOSSIBLE for me to stay organized to a degree where I'm satisfied. I see so many moms out there with 2, 3, maybe even 4 or 5 kids and they make it look so easy! The past 2 months I've been pulling my hair because we've been strapped with money. I've not even paid this month's rent! Luckily, my landlord has been taking it easy, I've never been late a payment so that helps. I won't even start work at KOHLS until a couple weeks. I'll find out more Tuesday at orientation.

I have so much going through my mind all day and it's hard to not get a headache from thinking too much. I want to have so much but forget that it won't just take over night, I have to work for it. I feel the only way I can stay organized is to figure out what I want. I recently downloaded mommybar and it seems to be helping. I've also found numerous websites/blogs from other moms with very helpful tips, advice, recipes, etc.

After Tuesday's orientation at work is over, I'll have more of a foundation for what I am able to do to move forward with my life. I plan on staying at KOHLS for awhile, so hopefully everyone will be nice! I hate switching jobs, so I'm sure I'll do my best with staying. I don't know what my rate of pay will be, but hopefully with 2 years prior work experience it will be decent.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to break my lease here or not. If my landlord can agree to lowering my rent from $725 to $650 that would make my decision of staying easier. I just know I won't be able to afford $725 every month right now. I'm still so young and I want to focus on saving money for my family's future. I will cut anything out that I don't need right now to do so. All of this is with the realization that the entire world is hurting economically, so it's not just me going through a rough time.

I am very excited to start work again though. I love the thought of a steady income! It's great! Not having a car payment every month is another great thing. Really helps save money! Anyways, I'm not believing it's already 12:07AM and I'm still awake, so I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like you are making some good decisions. I know things are stressful! Hang in there!

Tiffiney said...

I hope your landlord will help you out and cut your rent for you. When I was a single mom my rent was 425 a month...terrible little place but it was all I could afford...I am married now and still broke..lol...but better off then before...Sounds like you have a good business that is getting started..wish you much luck on that...sounds unique. If you do need advertising and can afford it join your local chamber if you haven't already. I worked for a chamber in the past and we had what was call a trade system with some of our businesses..instead of paying for the membership you cater a function for free. That way you are advertising with big companies and people that have the money to spend! Our members loved this way of advertising and got many jobs off of their event cater for us! Just an idea... Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! :)