Sunday, April 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



This is my first time with I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. It's also my first time trying to STICK with a menu plan! I think I've accumulated enough recipes and have had enough cooking experience over the past few weeks to start incorporating menu planning into our household. DH enjoys cooking himself, so things may not stick accordingly, something I've noticed isn't new! I will have to learn how to link the meals in our menu to the pictures and recipes I have posted here on the blog. I'm still learning the loose ends of this blogging scene. I'll also try and learn how to put the labels on the side bar to make it easier on everyone!

Monday- Fettuccine Alfredo
Tuesday- Tater topped casserole
Wednesday- Easy Layered Taco Bake
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Chicken wings and potato wedges

I made homemade chocolate chip cookies this weekend, but it wasn't enough to last the week. I think I'm going to try and make some Peanut Butter Energy Bars. I will have to post the recipe when I make them!

To make things easy for me, I had to make a list of all the meals with enjoy eating for dinner. I made sure to include recipes that sounded appealing to me. This list makes it easy for when I want to pull it out and make our menu.

Some things that made me want to give menu planning a try:
Menu planning can be a good way to staying organized, especially at dinner. It will give me a base for my grocery shopping, making it a simple trip to the grocery store every time. By this I mean, if I have my menu in front of me, I'll know what to get at the grocery store and hopefully not have to run back during the week. I will be able to manage a healthier eating habit for my family. I will also be able to save money on not buying things that I don't need.

I hope to master this menu planning by the time Eliza is here; I'm wanting to make life more simple at home with 2 kids around. I really need to learn how to make more food at one time and freeze the rest. I want to have some easy to cook meals for after Eliza is born, not only because I will be home from having a c-section and barely moving, but because I want to make it easy on DH for when he cooks. He already says that he'll take over cooking though, he doesn't seem to like the idea of preparing ahead and freezing.

0 comments: