Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baking and Cooking Day!

The past 2 weeks DH, L and I have been going to our local church, The Father's House. I feel as if in the past 2 weeks, God has come back into my life. I can feel myself on a path of being saved again. It's a wonderful feeling. I've opened my heart and arms to Him again and it feels great. In an effort to spend less and live more frugal, I've been having more home cooked meals. Since I eat a lot of sweets, I've found that baking cookies from scratch is the way to go. It may take more work, but I'm up for it. Aside from home cooking, I've also felt a stronger bond between L and myself. L, might I add, has been doing excellent with potty training this past week. We haven't had to put diapers on him except for at night. I'm excited to start getting cloth diapers for baby Eliza!

Homemade Chocolate Cookies!
(Recipe on the back of the Hershey's Chocolate Chip bag)

Hard at work!

Fettuccine Alfredo (L loved this! It will be in our menu plan for sure!)

Cooking fettuccine and chicken for the Alfredo.

Ingredients needed for Alfredo

1/2 lb fettuccine, uncooked
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 tsp. flour
4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg) cream cheese
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper

Cook pasta as directed on package.

Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in cream cheese, 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 min., stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in chicken.

Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese.

0 comments: