Monday, April 27, 2009

To-Do List

I have a pretty busy week ahead of me. At least it seems that way. I’ve been wanting to make up a weekly schedule. Since Eliza will be here soon, I would like to be in some sort of routine to help make my life easier with 2 young children at home. I have been trying the menu planning out, and it does seem to be helping with my organizing, as well as making sure my family is eating healthy. I want to make Monday’s a “catch-up” day from the weekend since my weekend’s are going to be mostly Family Day’s. I think I should have Monday and Thursday’s as laundry days. I could have 1 day assigned to each room, like master bedroom-Tuesday and L’s room-Wednesday. Everyday I will be washing dishes, sweeping, making beds, daily chores. I should have 1 day where I bake things in the morning for snacks, dinner, and breakfast. This will last us for a week I would hope. See, it seems as if I have a pretty good idea as to what I’d like to do, but it’s putting it all down on a schedule that seems to be the problem! I don’t know why, it just is. A big defeat for us is going to be getting L to sleep in his room by himself and at a certain time. This has been rough on DH and I. We keep talking about it, but blowing it off. I have quite a few things on my To-Do List to get done before Eliza’s arrival. I feel it’s a lot, but it will be quite easy as long as I motivate myself to do it all.

-I’d like to put a couple of shelves on the wall above Eliza’s dresser in our room. This will allow me to put baskets of baby items and keep them up and out of the way.
-We need to move everything out of storage and into the shed out back. This will help knock off $50 each month!
-Hang up some sort of curtain for the closet. When we put our new carpet in a couple years ago, the closet door was too large for opening and closing. We just took the door off and now I think a curtain of some sort would like fine! I have a good idea of what it would look like, let’s just hope it ends up looking like it!
-Cloth diapering, cloth diapering, cloth diapering!!!! I am really wanting to do this with Eliza. I didn’t really know much about this when I had Landon, but now that I’ve opened my horizons up, I’d really like to give it a try. I’m really willing to do anything I can just to save some extra money. I will also be looking into making our own baby food when the time comes.
-Keep a clean dresser and computer desk. Now, this to you may seem weird, but I have a thing about keeping a dresser a mess. The inside of the drawers are neat and orderly, but I can’t seem to keep the top clean. I always end up throwing knick-knacks all over them. The computer desk is something I’m really wanting to go! I want a corner desk that will still allow me to have an “office wall”. I think the corner desk will also give us more room in the here!
-Finish the bathroom! We have been remodeling our bathroom for nearly 2 years and are still not 100% complete. I have a 3 hook wall mount that needs to be hung up and I’d also like to get a matching shower curtain for my hand towels and hooks! I would like to put a couple of shelves in there like DH and I had discussed, but am uncertain what he has planned. I will also have him hang a long mirror! We have a wall cabinet above the toilet but I don’t want it there and neither does DH.
-Rearrange L’s bedroom. I think we’ve decided to help with the reduction of BIG stuff in storage, we would take out L’s twin bed and put the full sized bed in his room. Right now we have his bed up against the bathroom door so he can’t get in there, but since we’ve been potty training we feel it best he have access to it! I feel safer knowing I have everything put away he can’t get into. If only he’d stay out of the sink! I have to CLEAR off his dresser completely!
-Plant a vegetable/herb garden!

I hope this list will help me kick myself in the butt and get motivated. I feel God helping me to do just that and it’s a good feeling! I love accepting Him into my life again and how I enjoy His grace and guidance. A lot of this organizing I’m wanting to do is, I’m sure, associated with nesting while pregnant! But, I’m sure it’s also me wanting to make it easier on myself and my soon to be family of 4.

0 comments: